The last couple of days have been a crazy roller coaster. We are happy to introduce the newest addition to the family, Wesley David. He was born Saturday night and weighed 5 lbs 10 ounces and was 17 inches long. Birthparents were adamant that they were not going to sign the papers, but it's amazing how persuasive CPS can be in a situation like this. They finally signed last night and we go to pick him up from the hospital at 10:00 this morning. We are so thankful for the many prayers that were offered on our behalf and feel so blessed that we have the opportunity to have this sweet little guy become a part of our family.
Let me just explain that if I look a little crazed here, it's because it had been a really long day and I was still in disbelief. We fill in with the complete story a little later...




16 comments:
Liesl! We are so happy for you all! Please let me know if you need anything.
Congrats!! We are happy that everyones prayers have been answered. Can't wait to hear more about him. We miss you guys!!
p.s. If you decide you want to use the swing again it is in the attic of my house:)Feel free!!
YAY!!! I have already started shopping for plane tickets to come down and meet him! Love you guys! Give Big Sister Em a kiss for me!! (She will be receiving some "big sister advice" in the mail shortly) :)
We are so beyond excited for you guys!!! And get used to the crazed look on your face 'cuz it's here to stay. Holler when you need help!!! You've entered the more than one child zone...
I love the name!! He looks so precious and he couldn't have come to a better home. You guys are amazing! Can't wait to hear more...
YAY!!!!
I just wanted to say congratulations! I have literally been thinking about you and Wes for a couple of days... And come to find out that you were blessed with him in your lives! And how lucky for him as well. This is just wonderful news. Please let me know if you need ANYTHING (clothes, baby things, a sitter, etc.).
Congrats! Thank goodness they changed their minds. What a crazy ordeal, but I'm so happy it worked out in the end. I've got lots of boy stuff to pass on to you if you want it. Let me know if I can do anything to help you out... it's gonna be crazy for a while, but so much fun!
I am so happy for you guys! I hope all is well with baby! I am rounding up all of Eli's stuff that he has outgrown. I will get it to you asap!
WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! I AM GLAD IT ALL WORKED OUT FOR THE GOOD! KYLEE WILL HAVE TO HAVE PLAYDATES, BEING SO CLOSE IN AGE! LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO! WE NEED A BABY SHOWER FOR A BOY!!! MIST
CONGRATS!!!!! I am so HAPPY for you:)
Yea!!! This is the greatest news. I am so happy for you. Let me know if you need anything :D
Woohoo!
I'm so happy for you!
Just like everyone else, let me know if you need ANYTHING.
Wonderful, wonderful news - the four of you make the most adorable family. Congrats and good luck!
Congrats. Boys are so much fun! Hope you get lots of rest!
i'm so excited for you guys. come on over if you need a bit of a break and someone to talk to (slightly) over two feet tall. :)
Post a Comment