Sunday, May 4, 2008

So Tired!

Just wanted to start out this post by saying that I am crazy tired! A happy tired, but tired none the less. David's parents have been great about coming over during the day so I can take a nap, and that is the only reason I am still coherent with David being out of town so much this last week.

Here is what has been going on at our house.
Emilee has figured out that this little person is here to stay and has started paying some attention to him. Good that she realizes he is a keeper, bad that she realizes she can touch (hit) him and get some attention. At 15 months she just doesn't understand soft and gentle. This is one of the few moments she used restraint while touching Wesley.



Wes is going to fit into this family just fine - we already have him doing SOLID in his sleep!



Wesley likes to have his awake time at 2:00 AM. I do not like to be awake at 2:00 in the morning. I have already had several discussions with him about this, to no avail. Which then results in...




















...eating this as my very early morning snack. Melissa dropped this off earlier this week, and yes, it tastes as good as it looks. If I have a little more junk in the trunk at the pool this summer you'll know why.


















Em was getting bored staying in the house, so David took her out for some grass time in the backyard with him. She is doing much better with grass and will walk on it now if she has shoes on.



















This came in the mail this week and David exclaimed,"We're rich." Those of you that feel the pain of formula feeding know that this is a small fortune in formula, and every little bit helps. These two canisters will last about a week and a half and their combined cost in the store is about $30. Yea for Enfamil samples!!













To round out this week, Em started throwing up on Friday morning, and now that it is Sunday, she has stopped hurling and it is now coming out the other end. Not pretty!

And lastly, many thanks for the meals and well wishes, they have been much appreciated with a traveling hubby and two little ones. I also have to say that I have the best VTs ever - THANKS!!

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

SOLID! He and Taize will get along swimmingly... looking forward to that junk in the trunk w me and T at the pool in MAY! So start doing those squats, lunges, and crunches momma. LOL

Gary Church said...

Leisl, you're such a good sport! That can be sooo overwhelming! Those two little angels are so lucky to have y'all as parents! I'm sooooo happy that you got that second little bundle of joy!

Amanda said...

I remember the tired....nothing can take it away! Hang in there:) that cake looks SO YUMMY!!!!! When P was a baby I would eat a piece of cake fro breakfast with a diet coke ALL THE TIME! It was my favorite---somehow it helped me stay awake and survive the day. I would actually just make a cake for me to eat for breakfast--horrid...I know...but I was losing all my weight nursing so I thought it was okay! I won't be able to do that this time around unless I want P to eat cake for breakfast too! Sorry I went on and on--that cake just brought back memories:)

Garland's said...

If he is a premie I have some formula I need to get rid of. Congrats, I'm so happy for y'all!