Nothing real new going on around here. Here's an update on what the dynamic duo is up to.
Wesley got a swing - and he sleeps in it! Thank the stars above! He's a little high maintenance and always wants to be held when sleeping during the day, so this is a great alternative.
He loves to hang out on his activity mat and is even grabbing at the rings and holding on to them.
I had to take a picture real quick - rarely does this kiddo put on a content baby face.
Although he is getting more smiley, which helps out weigh the constant crying.
This is typical Wes. One sock on, one sock off, and the expression of "When is my next bottle being delivered?"
While we were busy with Messy Wessy, Emilee decided to woo her a boyfriend. Here's Austin trying to make his move on my daughter in front of the fridge on the kitchen floor. I told Em to hold out for a play date!
Emilee has also become a dog whisperer (chaser) and loves to harass Loretta when visiting the farm. Emilee is so happy to see Loretta. I just don't think that the feeling is mutual...
I decided it was time for Em to sit at the table when eating to try to learn some manners. She took no elbows on the table to a whole new level when she decided to prop her feet up on it. Apparently 18 month olds are not so great on the whole listening thing.
And of course, this is the look that I got when I tried to explain the situation. Huh?
Big Sister Em has been doing much better with Wesley around. Although it looks like she is trying to beat him, she is actually helping me give him "pats" on his back to help him stop crying. She even tried to give him her prized Pablo from Backyardigans to calm him down. Emilee also helps me burp him after he eats. However, she will "burp" anyone that turns their back to her. She has "burped" people in the hallway at church, the grocery store, and apparently she did it to several kids in nursery. Never a dull moment...
Here is Emilee trying to be a helper again. She was pushing Wes in the rocker, but I had to put a stop to that when she kept on pushing him into the wall and thought it was funny.
And here they are, the dynamic duo has survived another month!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Hangin' Out
Posted by LaFish at 4:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Wow, Em shared her Pablo?! :)
Love the pictures and that you found something new that worked for Wes to sleep in. Oh, and I love that Em is burping everyone. At least she is trying to be helpful instead of trying to get him!
I am so impressed with all of your pictures and captions. You are very talented!
They are SO stinkin' cute! I love that pic of Wesley in the chair with his sock off. What a face! Glad to hear Em's such a great big sister. Sorry my kid's already trying to put the moves on her, but can't say I blame him...she's such a cutie pie!
LOVED that post! YOu made me laugh, and almost cry (only b/c I have a high maintenance baby too!!!)
i feel your pain...ryan cried the first 6 months of his life...just because. i loved my swing too!! it was the only thing that gave me peace, even if it was only 5 minutes it was still peace. what a great big sister em is.
I'm so sorry to hear he's a crier. I hope that calms down a little. Kya had colic and that alone was exhausting!! I remember counting down every 20 minutes just for survival! GOOD LUCK! I'm sure you're WAY better than I was!
They are adorable!!
When Loretta figures out that all the good food drops from Em's chair, she will have a whole new love and appreciation for Em.
And, get used to the "huh?" look...it never goes away, especially when it comes to instructions...
Post a Comment